My family says I am obsessed with the campaign for president. I admit they are correct. I want a president who really can lead a unified nation. That is not the situation today. Sadly Barack Obama’s speech about the United States: “there’s not a liberal America and a conservative America there’s the United States of America.” did not enable him to create his dream. Instead there has been gridlock for most of his presidency.
Consequently Hillary Clinton, who says she supports most of the Obama presidency, is not a choice America wants to make. Additionally she continues to avoid telling the truth about Benghazi, the Clinton Global Initiative, and her email carelessness.
The problem is that Donald Trump is so extreme in his ideas and lacks the experience in government that is needed makes Clinton look like the better choice in November.
“The Muslim ban, the David Duke denial, the “Mexican” judge flap, the draft dodger denigrating John McCain’s military service, the son of privilege attacking an immigrant Gold Star mother and the constant revisionism and lying about past political positions taken are but a few of the lowlights that have punctuated Donald Trump’s chaotic chase for the presidency.” Joe Scarborough
- Said he would considering withdrawing from NATO and other similar agreements such as our promise to help Japan and South Korea in the event of an attack.
- Suggested that nuclear weapons in the hands of more countries would be a good thing.
- Said he might abrogate many of the trade pacts that the United States has negotiated.
- Said he would stop Muslims entering the country from any country with an Islamic terrorist problem.
- Suggested that libel laws be changed that would enable him to sue the media.
- Will lower the income taxes for the wealthy and end inheritance taxes.
- Deport all illegal aliens.
- Willing to invite Russia to hack Clinton email.
- Suggested the use of guns to protect 2nd Amendment rights.
- Said there is no drought in California.
Personally I cannot support either of these candidates for president. Unless one of them offers some new wise words to justify my vote, I will be supporting a third party candidate. You should too!